Lost in Translation

Kanako's blog in English from Tokyo (or somewhere else)

28 May, 2007

Stress...

Lately, people in the department where I work are so abviously stressed out! Some get dark circles under their eyes and others get cheeks start sinking in...As they work too much in this busy and competitive industry, they don't really have a choice. Once you stop working as fast/hard as they are now, it could mean the end of your successful career like most people imagine. There is a guy who just got married, not yet having any celemony etc, working until 6am and getting skinny...Seeing him makes me hugely wonder what's important in life...Of course you need to work to have life, but if work becomes the center of your life and destroy healthy balance, then you need to stop for a while and rethink.
I passed tests and interviews to become an official employee of this company, but now I feel a bit depressed seeing other employees get stressed out, and wonder if it's the right choice of my life...

1 Comments:

At 2:55 am, Blogger Bibil said...

Oooouh stress, let's not even talk about it! I will start my exams far too soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home