African in Tokyo
Sometimes you suddenly realize how Tokyo is really international. That was one of such occasion---African Fair in Tokyo. There were stalls represented each nations of Africa to give info & sell crafts. ( I found "Japan-Burkina Faso Friendship Association" !!! Sounds so cool, doesn't it?) I also saw so many mixed couples and their children ;)) Japanese wives dressed in their husband's tribes and their kids who at first look cannot be seen as Japanese spoke perfect Japanese slangs. It was really nice to see that there are no border between people.
Music was also another factor which unites us regardless of our nationality or race. At one stall (I forgot which country's...), a guy started a live performance just so casually, and just 100m away from the spot, there were a banch of Japanese people enjoying African rythm (You may find it weird though). It reminded me how we all can share primitive beat. It's in our blood.
And Laurent and I were enjoying short trip to Africa with another African beer experience and fake African beat ;))

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home