Lost in Translation

Kanako's blog in English from Tokyo (or somewhere else)

17 May, 2007

movie movie 1

Since I have not much thing to talk about latelt, I decided to update my movie records. First one is Dame Helen Mirren's "The Queen".
I have to say, this movie was her movie. She was amazing! No wonder why she got the Oscar for the best leading actress! Towards the end of the movie, I almost felt that I was watching a documentary. Well...it was actually pretty much a documentary. I was amazed by the courage and tolerance of Britain; it was very courageous for the movie production team to illustrate the Royal family in sarcastic way, and it was very tolerance for Britain to let them produce the movie.(And as a fact, Dame Mirren received many awards for playing the role!) I don't think it'll never be possible in Japan.

And weird to say that I rememberd our lecturer Martyn the anti-Diana conspiracy guy, while I was watching this movie...

3 Comments:

At 5:26 pm, Blogger Bibil said...

Hey Kanako, do you happen to know how many websites were created on Diana two weeks after her death?

 
At 4:00 pm, Blogger kanako_tokyo said...

....oh my God! I forgot the answer!!!

 
At 3:32 am, Blogger Bibil said...

I actually can't remember either... 200 000? 300 000? Or was there an exact number? We should send an email around to ask whether anybody remembers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home