Lost in Translation

Kanako's blog in English from Tokyo (or somewhere else)

02 October, 2007

Pink


Before updating my blog with so many different memorable stories of the time when Sybille and Tripti were here in Japan, I'd like to mention about today, 1st October.
It's the Pink Ribbon day, the day to support women who is suffering from breast cancer and to encourage other women to check if they have a risk to get one. Now 1 out of 20 Japanese women might have breast cancer. It doesn't seem to be "someone's business" anymore. Actually my co-worker found out that she had one, but luckily, she found it pretty early stage, so she could cure it with a single opperation. Now she's back in office working as hard as before.

For the occasion, to alert people in Tokyo, Tokyo Tower turned into Pink.
(I remember that in London, London eye turned into Pink?? or some other landmarks? I'm not so sure.)
Is Grand Palace in Brussels Pink lit in Pink today, Sybille? What about Taj Mahal in India, Tripti?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home