Lost in Translation

Kanako's blog in English from Tokyo (or somewhere else)

05 September, 2007

C'est Parti!!


Laurent and I went to watch TAXI 4 on last Wednesday (which is a service day of a week when we can watch a film with just a ¥1,000 bill per paerson! usually it costs ¥1,800.)
I like TAXI series a lot since I slightly understand French language and its mood in comedy (I think if you don't understand a word of it and just follow the subtitle, you'd enjoy much less...) Of course each story is quite stupid but it has good comedy mood and perfect casts for each main charactors (well, some actors in TAXI series are too perfect for their roles and we barely see them in other movies?!).
For the TAXI 4, that was pity that Marion Cotillard wasn't in it anymore since she became one of the most up-and-coming French actress. And it was also very pity that I don't remeber Daniel (Samy Naceri) didn't say THE line of his "C'est Parti!". (I guess he didn't...am I right????)
However, my favorite charactor, le commissaire Gibert, was even crazier than other TAXI series ;)) But again, it was pity that he didn't have chance to name his mission this time....I really loved his naming sense like "La Mission Cobra" or "La Mission Zen".

But anyway, it was fun watch if you are familiar with the charactors and situation.

And I found a very interesting news!
There is a real Peugeot "TAXI marseille" running as an privately run Taxi in Tokyo!!
I've never seen it yet, but I'm really curious!!!!!
The owner is a big big fan of TAXI series and bought the white Peugeot In France and imported in Japan to drive in Tokyo as a real TAXI ;)) How cute is that! I want to find it!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home