Lost in Translation

Kanako's blog in English from Tokyo (or somewhere else)

19 September, 2007

Happy Birthday, Daddy


Ahhhh, it's already 18 Sep and I'm now talking about what happened on 3 Sep....
It seems to me that time passes so quickly!!

2 Sep was my father's 69th Birthday (69 year-old! I can't believe it!!) and we had a very nice dinner altogether for the occasion.

It always feel so troubled when I think about presents to my parents since they seem to have everything, or they seem to have better stuff than what I could afford. So this time, I decided to offer him something "priceless".
The idea came into my mind when we received a beautiful scrapbook from our good friends in Florida. There were full of pictures from our trip and my parents' trips wit them so nicely decorated with colorful papers and crafts. I was so touched when I saw the album and that was it the time the idea pop into my head!
I collected all the memorable pictures from my father's marriage with my mother, my brother's birth, his childhood, my birth, family snaps, and many couple shots. Also I got many photos from magazines piled up in my room, and colorful papers.
And cut and pasted pictures and other materials as a collage.
I found that this way, I could enjoy the photos better and the memories become even more special.

My father said the exact same thing when he received the album, and I was quite happy!!

Giving a present is always a presure but making a present is even better ;))

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home