Lost in Translation

Kanako's blog in English from Tokyo (or somewhere else)

22 April, 2007

French Presidential Election

Today is Sarko-Sego day! 1st round of the French Presidential Election.
Laurent received leaflets of all 12 candidates from the French Embassy in Japan. I know Sarkozy, Royale, Le Pen, and Bayrou but there are so many more interesting (or weird) candidates. ;))
I love particularly CPNT (Chasse, Peche, Nature et Traditions). How could you support the value of nature with killing animals for fun??? It seems to be NRA of France, but what suprises me is that people can form a real political party because you love hunting! Whoa!
There is a living royalist Philippe de Villers, an old monster Le Pen who blames French footballers to be all black, an total communist lady who might come today's era with a timemachine (Laurent told me that this lady Arlette Laguiller was running for the Presidential Election almost since when he was born!), and so on....
In cases of Sarkozy and Bayrou, I can only picture them as guignols!! Sarkozy was sneaking the chance to get rid of Chirac, and Bayrou keeps saying "I wanna be the President of the Republic". They are funny as guignols but for real, I have a huge doubt.
Laurent said, "Thank God, I don't live there now."
Let's see how it goes.....

1 Comments:

At 5:46 pm, Blogger Bibil said...

Aaaah that is going to be a tough choice... Everybody talks about it, and in Belgium it seems even more important than our own elections! We'll see the results.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home