Lost in Translation

Kanako's blog in English from Tokyo (or somewhere else)

26 January, 2007

Me, my notebook and Starbucks

I left my office earlier yesterday because I really wanted to think about myself and my life with looking deep inside me. I went to my favorite area in Tokyo called Omotesando and hesitated which cafe I should choose to settle. I know some very nice mood cafes in this area. But I ended up in Starbucks...no surprises...I don't know why I always choose Starbucks especially when I want to think or talk with friends about staff that matters. Maybe it's all because of my memories and time I spent in Starbucks in London alone and with my precious friends talking about everything.

This time, I was alone with my notebook which I write anything pops into my head: my mood, ideas, to-do things, dreams, etc, and my favorite Starbucks drink, Tazo chai tea latte with soya milk.
(I just remember that I had this for the first time, it was Atika who bought for me during my internship at CNN...)

Now I'm choosing and deciding a pathway of my life which would (will!!) make a lot of mess around me but I can't deny myself not doing something I really want to do in my life. And I really hope that the mess moves me forward and makes me stronger.

Anyway, I'm really emotional and up and down all the time.
I know what's going on inside me as my favorite book says "It ain't the problem of choosing because you already know what you choose. It's just because you are just so damn scared to make the decision with a full of committment. "

So true...

1 Comments:

At 8:59 pm, Blogger Bibil said...

I am glad that you are taking the path that really matters to you. And I am jealous, we don't have that drink in Starbucks London! It seems delicious.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home