Lost in Translation

Kanako's blog in English from Tokyo (or somewhere else)

20 July, 2007

About Shoes

(Today's story is a response for Sybille's comment on a photo of my new clothes on Facebook asking where my shoes were! There you go!!)
At this year's summer sale, I got those 3 pairs of new shoes (lovely, aren't they?). I wanted more but I somehow had to stop myself otherwise it's endless, you know!!!! My mum often says, "How many feet do you think you have???", but Mum, it's not a matter of numberbut an issue of desire! If you remember a film "In Her Shoes", you might remember Toni Collette had a dream closet filled with beautiful shoes!!!! Aghhhhhhhh......I want to have such closet (actually, my shoes closet at the entrance of my apartment is getting small for my "collection".....) I have a friend, Akiko, who really has a great collection of shoes. The other day when we talked about shoes (as usual), she told me that she finally counted the number of shoes she "at least" has. AND.......she said "I was astonished to realized that I actually has 55 pairs!!!!!" OH MY LOAD!!!!!! Yes, I remember her wonderful collection filled in her room in London and felt envy......but 55!? That's quite something! Well, now she's studying shoe-making (finished a diploma course in Leicester, England and will move to Italy for further study), so it could be counted as appropriate.


These are what I really kepp my eyes on!!!!!!! How cool and beautiful they are!!!!!!!!
Have a well heeled weekend girls!

1 Comments:

At 5:32 am, Blogger Bibil said...

Well I actually realized that I have only one pair of winter shoes left... The other ones are too used! But I must have about 10 pairs of summer shoes (ok, including flip flops) and 5 pairs of formal/dressed up shoes.
And no sport shoes, apart from hiking shoes.
Mmmmm.
I really wonder why.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home