Lost in Translation

Kanako's blog in English from Tokyo (or somewhere else)

21 February, 2007

I can be very popular in Iceland?!

http://www.icelandreview.com/icelandreview/search/news/Default.asp?ew_0_a_id=260433

Yeah!!! I got a red dot in Iceland on my cluster map!!!
And the link above goes to Iceland Review where my beautiful Icelandic friend Eyglo is working. She sent me this link to show that there was a Japanese Festival in Iceland! Wow, there are only 40 Japanese people live there, according to the article, yet the interests towards japan in Iceland seem to be quite high...Man! I wish I could have been there!!! Or, should I organize Icelandic Festival in Japan??? (Well, maybe I should!)

The article also mentioned that Iceland receives more Japanese tourists lately.
Well, I'm one of the potentials.
I found a wonderful flight plan from Tokyo to Reykjavik direct(!!) by a charterd Oceland Air. This plan is only available in Sep and Oct, according to last year's plan. Hopefully it will be available this year as well and I can fulfill my dream to travel Iceland and visit Eyglo there!

Iceland also draw Japanese media attention.There is a reality show called "Ainori" which is a travel-around-the-world love finding show. 7 boys and girls travel together by a pink wagon (Love Wagon) and while travelling the world, they try to find the love of their lives. And we watch all the process on TV ;))

Iceland and Japan is one of the most distant countries to each other, but it's quite fascinating how Icelandic people are interested in Japan. Actually, thses 2 countries share some culture: we both hunt and eat whales (I don't want to discuss about that here!), our lands are both made by volcanic earth (according to what I learned, Iceland is the birth place of the earth plates and Japan is the terminal point where all the plates sink towards inner earth.), and we even made a film together called "Cold Fever".

Hmmm....I really should think of doing something related to Iceland here in Japan...
I now hope that I can travel around Iceland and visit Eyglo there ;))

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home