Lost in Translation

Kanako's blog in English from Tokyo (or somewhere else)

08 December, 2006

Job-Hunting (in Journalism)

Tough tough tough!
I thought the same thing when I was looking for an internship, but now jobs? even more hard!(especially if you are currently working!!)
I've been applying for almost every possible position in Journalism with my background and skills. Some of the positions, I just transfered my CV, some others, I sent full packages of my application tools, such as my CV, a cover letter, a reference letter from CNN Tokyo, a DVD and a CD of my TV/Radio projects at Westminster.I've already applied positions not only in Japan, but also in the US, UK, Singapore, and China.
This week could have been the busiest! I took 3-4h test and interview for a news writing assistant position at one of the biggest financial news services, and tomorrow I will take a news writing test at one of the most known global news agencies, and on Sunday, I will go to a lecture by a Japanese journalist who is usccessful internationally. He is actually living in a same appartment as I live in, so I try to have a chat with him and hopefully get some advice from him ;)) and lastly, I have to write some sample article in English and in Japanese to apply for a news editor in a Japanese English newspaper.
Now I really regret that I didn't take the online class then I can claim that I have potential to write articles at least, but with my video and radio projects, doors to Journalism jobs would be so limited.
But I try anyway!
I really hope something will come up!! Wish me luck, please!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home