Lost in Translation

Kanako's blog in English from Tokyo (or somewhere else)

02 December, 2006

Asian Olympics in Doha





Today, the Asian Olympic game begins in Doha. I was watching the opening ceremony on TV and I've noticed how people welcomed and applaused for those 4 coutries, Afghnistan, Iraq, Lebanon and Palestine. When we exclide western countries, Asian (in a broad meaning) people's expression can be so different. They expressed their sympathy and they encouraged athletes and trainers came from those places where wars and conflicts still going on. Personally, I could feel that people there can act more freely and feel more safe, and it was quite obvious. (The unity among Muslim countries is especially strong, of course.)
Asia holds so many diffrent countries, races, and religions but we are somehow united under the name of Asia. I rarely consider myself with a particular race or nationality, but some occasion like this, I'm proud of being an Asian.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home