Lost in Translation

Kanako's blog in English from Tokyo (or somewhere else)

05 March, 2007

Tokyo Girls Collection


On 3 March, a traditional girls day in Japan (Holi in India, by the way!), girls celebrated another girls festival as well.
It was Tokyo Girls Collection which aims to show girls' real clothes and lifestyle from Tokyo to the world with fashion runways, live music, beauty contest and so on, everything girls enjoy. There were 20,000 people (99% of girls) gathered for the event. (It was really scary to see so many girls packed in a train on the way...)

The main part of the event was the runway of girls brands from Shibuya 109 (on the photo above). This department store has everything girls want, everything media pay attention, and everything fashion industry seeks the trends. It's a holy place for many girls.
The great thing about the TGC focuses on such popular clothes, not big maison, expensive super brands kind of thing. They showed only what usual girls could pay for and wear daily. Moreover, such clothes were wore by popular models most girls admire a looooot. It's a killer combination for event production and for campaign business, I have to say.


These girls above are the 3 queens of current Japanese girls fashion world. The magazine "Can Cam" sells more than 650,000 monthly (!!!) thanks to their popularity. CanCam became some sort of fashion bible for girls now.
Of course these girls were on the show, and some audience cried because they finally saw them in real!

Now I need to write an article out of this event.
I saw the show on the camera section and I could get the best view ;)) I felt my girlhood more than any other time! After the show, many girls seemed to have better posture and walk like models ;)) So did I, I guess...

Be Girl and enjoy it, sisters!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home